Flexible Learning Definition:
FLANZ Member Benefits
Access to a knowledge base
- FLANZ members have access to a broad range of curated resources, articles and research pertaining to open, flexible and distance education.
- Includes the regular FLANZ newsletter to members, postings on the FLANZ blog, and the FLANZ journal.
- In addition, FLANZ has a number of affiliations with professional organisations in other countries, adding to the breadth of the knowledge base available to FLANZ members.
- Joint Membership of Open and Distance Learning Association of Australia (https://odlaa.org).
Access to expertise
- Members of FLANZ represent many of New Zealand’s nationally and internationally recognised leaders in open, flexible and distance education.
- As a FLANZ member, you will become a part of the FLANZ community of practice, and be able to benefit from the experience and expertise of these members.
- Through the work of its members and executive, FLANZ is recognised nationally for its work in open, flexible and distance learning.
- Membership of FLANZ creates opportunities to become active in these areas and benefit from the profile gained.
- FLANZ is represented through its members on a number of working groups and is often invited to advise on government policy and other initiatives.
- As a professional organisation, FLANZ is able to represent a wide variety of those working in the sector, and be active in promoting the effective practice in open, flexible and distance learning.
- FLANZ provides an ideal context for building collaboration among a diverse group of people working in the open, flexible and distance learning area.
- As a strong promoter of networked education and the networked learner, FLANZ models collaborative approaches in all of its activity, including opportunities for collaborative projects between and among members.