The FLANZ 2021 Conference, in association with Massey University, is proud to introduce keynote speaker Professor Asha Kanwar, President and CEO of the Commonwealth of Learning.
Asha Kanwar: Flexible futures for education in a post-covid world
Distance and online learning became the only means for many educational institutions to keep the doors of learning open during covid 19. For some, this was an entirely new experience and uncharted territory. In light of these experiences, what kind of flexible futures do we need so that no one is left behind?
Education must address the needs of society as a whole, with tangible positive impacts on the world. What can we do differently? A successful outcome of education today is the acquisition of skills and competencies. A flexible future would go beyond that to empowering individuals not just to be prepared for change but to also shape the course of that change. Nothing short of a radical change in mindset would lead to flexible futures.
Registration for satellite venues now open.
Delegates are invited to register for attendance at satellite venues: Auckland, Hamilton, Palmerston North and Christchurch.
Once registered, delegates will receive confirmation and, closer to the event, we will be in touch to ensure you have the information you need.
Final days of early bird pricing for FLANZ 2021 Conference
Registration costs will go from $120 (2 days, online attendance) to $140 on 18 March 2021. Please let your network know. It’s just a month to the conference!
Notice of AGM and call for nominations
FLANZ is calling for nominations for the following roles.
- Vice President
- Committee members (multiple)
Download the nomination form here.
Please forward your completed nomination form to FLANZ Secretary, Simon Atkinson email@example.com.
- If you have an interest we can help with a nominator and a seconder. All you need to do is put your name and contact details on the form, send it to us and we will get back to you.
- Nominations must be with the Administrator by 01 April 2021.
- To be elected to an executive position you must be at the AGM meeting (online or in person).
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM.
Notice of 2021 Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of FLANZ
The AGM will be held online via Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7891457533 on Thursday 12 April at 12:00 noon.
- Adoption of the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting of FLANZ.
- Adoption of the President’s Annual Report.
- Adoption of the Financial Report for the year ended 31 March 2021.
- Election of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary, and other elected members of the FLANZ executive.
- Appointment of the Auditor.
- Any other business.
Supporting documents will be circulated prior to, and available at, the meeting.