UNIVERSITY of OTAGO, WELLINGTON
About the Department
We are the Education Unit at the University of Otago Wellington. We oversee and assist staff in the design, development, maintenance, and evaluation of the Otago Medical School MBChB curriculum on the Wellington campus.
We are looking for a Professional Practice Fellow to provide Moodle technical support to students and staff, and to develop effective, quality eLearning tools and systems that will contribute to the teaching, student learning and assessment at the University. This role works collaboratively with the rest of the Education Unit team to provide education professional development support to staff.
This position provides the opportunity to work within a strong and forward-looking department dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning. The appointee will provide Learning Management System support to staff and students, will take responsibility for coaching staff and enhancing teaching modules/courses through the development of eLearning material for medical and health professional education.
Key tasks include:
- Provide support, and solutions, to students and staff to enable efficient use of eLearning materials for teaching modules/courses.
- Contribute to the development and research of new uses of eLearning tools and act as a resource on eLearning for medical and health professionals at the University.
- Assist in piloting use of new eLearning tools and systems.
- Contribute to the Unit’s academic goals by applying and sharing expert knowledge in your professional discipline relating to eLearning developments.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have an understanding of adult education principles and practices, practical experience in the use of eLearning material and resources and an ability to apply professional knowledge of the recent trends in the eLearning field.
- Proven ability in developing and adapting eLearning resources. Experience in use (and preferably support) of Moodle learning management system.
- An interest in current developments in health professional education and eLearning.
Applications quoting reference number 1900503 will close on Friday, 15 March 2019.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900503
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.