School Membership is open to all early childhood centres, primary, intermediate, and secondary schools within New Zealand.
We welcome your presence and influence in the FLANZ community of New Zealand educators as a School Member. FLANZ is linked through national and international organisations, government agencies, and professional bodies to a global network of practitioners and influencers.
FLANZ continues to be committed to making ako accessible to all and fostering high standards in the practice of open, flexible and distance learning in New Zealand. FLANZ’s focus is on understanding and improving the ways technologies are used to provide effective education in distance, online and blended learning settings.
Being a School Member of FLANZ shows your support for the fostering of high standards in the practice of open, flexible and distance learning in New Zealand.
Institutional members receive the following benefits of FLANZ membership:
- Up to 5 named members from your institution
- Discount on events and conference fees for their employees
- Joint membership with the Open and Distance Learning Association of Australia (https://odlaa.org)
Note: Your name and email address will be shared with ODLAA to receive joint membership.
- A regular newsletter of flexible learning related activities and events happening in the profession, nationally and internationally
- Invitations to FLANZ events, including online seminars and the FLANZ conference held every second year.
- Concessions for your staff attending the biennial FLANZ conference
- Access to a members’ discussion group for like-minded professionals.
- Notification of each issue of the Journal of Open, Flexible, and Distance Learning, our open online journal: JODFL
- Contribute to the FLANZ newsletter with stories, articles and links to related activity within your organisation.
- Advertise employment opportunities in your organisation through the FLANZ network.
- Distribute communications from FLANZ to members of your organisation.
The cost of Institutional Membership is $250 + GST a year.
A GST receipt is available on purchase. However if you require an invoice paid against a purchase order or if you have any questions about the benefits of supporting FLANZ, please contact the FLANZ President at firstname.lastname@example.org