Ko Pukeatua te maunga e tū mai rā
Ko Waiwhetu te wai e rere
Ko te Kuratini Tuwhera te whakaruruhau mo ngā ākonga me ngā kaimahi
Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei
Mō mātou | About us
The Kuratini Tuwhera is Aotearoa New Zealand’s leading distance and online learning provider. We specialise in taking the learning to our students, focusing on enabling the success of approximately 30,000 students each year. We’re a place where you can make a difference.
At the Open Polytechnic we offer a wide range of learning disciplines from Real Estate to Social Work, Construction and Education. From our Academic Staff Members to our Student Journey Centre, we ensure our students are at the heart of everything we do, every step of the way.
We strive to be bold and our best so our students can be true to themselves.
The Open Polytechnic has an enviable reputation in the vocational sector, a positive culture and a campus situated in the Hutt Valley. You may choose to work on campus or at another location in New Zealand. Along with education, our people are important to us, so we offer them free education (50% off for family), free car parking, flexible working options, a modernised working environment, subsidised school holiday programmes for their children, free fitness classes, and an on-site café, just to name a few.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Open Polytechnic is currently recruiting for additional Learning Designers. The Learning Designer completes, amends and maintains the design and development of pedagogically sound, technology enabled teaching and learning experiences for open, distance and flexible learning programmes.
The Learning Designer works in a team reporting to a Team Lead: Learning Design in the Learning Design and Development directorate.
Ngā pūkenga mo te tūnga | What you will bring to the role
- Experience in developing bicultural and/or culturally responsive courseware
- Knowledge and experience of instructional/learning design principles and educational practices
- Experience in learning resources development, including assessments
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to negotiate, clarify goals, communicate information, concepts and arguments effectively
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Well-developed computing skills, including authoring tools and learning management systems
- Creativity, innovation and willingness to investigate non-traditional alternatives
- An understanding of the current tertiary education sector in Aotearoa New Zealand (desirable)
Tono mai | Apply now
For more information, please contact Shannon Michl in People and Capability at email@example.com or contact Simon Atkinson (Manager, Learning Design and Development) for an informal chat at Simon.Atkinson@openpolytechnic.ac.nz
Applications are open until all positions are filled. Please note only online applications will be accepted. Apply here:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.