Become an Affiliate Member of FLANZ
FLANZ is committed to making ako accessible to all. FLANZ’s focus is on understanding and improving the ways technologies are used to provide effective education in distance, online and blended learning settings.
FLANZ is a community of predominantly New Zealand educators linked through national and international organisations, government agencies, and professional bodies. FLANZ supports, investigates and advocates for flexible, blended and distance learning. Members include universities, ITPs, and PTEs; decision-makers, practitioners and researchers; and people from the compulsory schooling sector, industry and government agencies.
By becoming an affiliate member your organisation can show support for the goals and activities of FLANZ as we seek to foster high standards in the practice of open, flexible and distance learning in New Zealand.
Affiliate members will receive the following benefits of FLANZ membership:
- A regular newsletter of things happening in the profession, nationally and internationally.
- Notification of each issue of the FLANZ magazine, describing FLANZ-related activities in detail.
- Invitations to FLANZ events, including online seminars and the FLANZ conference held every second year.
- Access to a members’ list of like-minded professionals.
- Notification of each issue of the Journal of Open, Flexible, and Distance Learning, our open online journal http://www.editlib.org/j/JOFDL/).
- Opportunities to contribute to the shaping of open, flexible, and distance learning in New Zealand.
In addition, affiliate membership entitles you to:
- Have your brand featured on the FLANZ website, hyperlinked to your own website.
- Contribute to the regular FLANZ newsletter with stories, articles and links to FLANZ related activity within your organisation.
- Access research and a network of peers that are striving to improve learning through the use of technology.
- Advertise employment opportunities in your organisation through the FLANZ network.
- Distribute communications from FLANZ to members of your organisation.
The cost of affiliate membership is $500.00 for two years.